McStudley

Other Community Advertisement Awareness

Hello Our Life RPG,

I am writing to let you know of a newly arisen "issue" within our community. Recently a few different communities have been attempting to grow their player-bases by recruiting from us. If anyone reaches out to you on our teamspeak, in game, over steam, etc. trying to advertise their server or offer you something please let an Administrator or higher know. After all, how good could a community that attempts to establish itself using others be?

For your information, we have a zero tolerance policy against advertisements on our community.  If you advertise you will receive a permanent ban.

I will be updating this post as more information arises. 

Thank you,

McStudley 

It is from a community called "----------------". I call it the "ban bucket". It is essentially everyone from here that got banned for being AIDs/Cancerous and decided to make their own community. They seem to be of no threat. 

Why would you state the name? and calling them AIDs/Cancerous is really not needed i mean i think your Aids/Cancerous but i dont say that to you do i! 

Edited by Amanuel

Why would you state the name? and calling them AIDs/Cancerous is really not needed i mean i think your Aids/Cancerous but i dont say that to you do i! 

The difference is I know I am AIDs and cancerous. Also, I am stating the name so people can actually figure out what is going on. I've already reported two adverts I have recieved. 

The difference is I know I am AIDs and cancerous. Also, I am stating the name so people can actually figure out what is going on. I've already reported two adverts I have recieved. 

It's also telling other players about another community which they may not otherwise know about.

The first step to recovery is acceptance :D

Are you all seriously having a sook? If this Community is so damn good! then we should have nothing to worry about yeah? +1 to Staff moderating the situation. But so what if Mark says the name? If the players find themselves happier and enjoying themselves better there. Then cool! in the mean time! Lets focus on bettering this Community so then we won't have to worry.

Do you think massive companies get worried about small privately owned business'? Nope! It should be exactly the same with OLRPG. It's a huge Community with a lot of members & constant players on the server. The Community you're worried about keep the server status at: Beta. because they can't be bothered fixing bugs and development issues. - Yes I've been informed by one of their Senior Staff members about it. We have nothing to worry about - Let them have cancer. The loyal players will stay. 

Yea, but what happens if something happens to this community? I mean Bohemia has already got pissed because people wanted to show there support to this community. So if people keep donating thinking it's over we could be screwed

I have been on since then after I worked some things out with some staff. But donations need to be stopped for good because if they are t then guess what? This community gets shut down and all of the long hours and good times are gone

I have been on since then after I worked some things out with some staff. But donations need to be stopped for good because if they are t then guess what? This community gets shut down and all of the long hours and good times are gone

The rule states that there can not be donations for in game items, not donations that are in trade for nothing.

Well do what y'all see fit but when this server gets shut down because I know for a fact this isn't the first time Bohemia has got on our case about it. I just want to see the community thrive

Well do what y'all see fit but when this server gets shut down because I know for a fact this isn't the first time Bohemia has got on our case about it. I just want to see the community thrive

The rule is for monetization of IN GAME ITEMS. Its not monetization if your not GIVING ANYTHING FOR IT

Edited by Blake