Christian White

Bring OurLifeRPG Arma 3 Back to Life

Ladies and Gentleman as much as i want OurLife to come back to arma 3 its not possible without everyone help. Just remember all the good times we had on cops and criminal. It was fun, let just start back joining on the server and roleplaying. 

12 hours ago, Christian White said:

Ladies and Gentleman as much as i want OurLife to come back to arma 3 its not possible without everyone help. Just remember all the good times we had on cops and criminal. It was fun, let just start back joining on the server and roleplaying. 

Its not Arma 3 its arma 2. 

Stangl that's only because staff don't care they except people to get on without any work on their side. If someone took an hour of their life to make a little event then I could guarantee at least a small player base

Bruh lmao, it's over why can't people accept that? Go smoke some weed or get fucked up at a party. Much more fun than bitching and complaining on a dead community website and trying to revive something that was buried dead 2 years ago. 

As already stated A2 is up and will remain up. The entire point of putting A2 back up in the current form is to allow people to get on whenever they want to, no need to be on as cop for a certain amount of time each week just to keep the privilege of being able to log in as cop. It's there for the people that want to have fun with A2 occasionally.

I don't see much else happening when it comes to A3, as we've seen people will get just bored and leave without providing any (reasonable) solutions. Unless we get enough people who are committed to playing here while providing solid suggestions on what map and features need to be developed. If that were to happen then we'd be able to do something.

• i agree with TGC, many people say "the server is dying we need help" without offering any themselves. The consistent change from A2 to A3 to A2 to A3 to A2 sucks. Honestly Arma 3 could and would be good. I seen in previous post that consistent updates would keep members on. What type of updates would people want to see that would be A. Within Armas code and B good for roleplay? There was a time where we had a good population growing and gaining members each day. That stopped due to ddos, once we continued to get ddosed people stopped checking to see if it was over. That played a huge part into where we are now. My suggestion would be to IF we launch A3 again, have a ranking system BUT, as we had/have in Arma 2 make public slots for both SD and FD. Similar to the previous one before we started a3. Many people including myself joined because I seen there was public PD slots. The more people who came for that tended to stay because of the pop we had and roleplay on a2, all of this is possible on A3 (I believe). 

Topics below: 
    A3 
    Slot system
    Jobs
    Map
    Weapons
    Updates
  • Keeping the A3 corrections system the same as before to where (if you committed a crime you would have to turn your self in before going ESU or SD) is good, the main issue with the Public slots would be corruption. Making it a server rule like it was before would be a good idea. Jobs, certain jobs such as a judge or county official would add greatly to roleplay. For instance, after a court case, if a judge jails a gang member. The gang of that gang member must wait 10 minutes AFTER the gang member is jailed to announce in global that they will go after the judge.The judge can then set up a form of security. Same thing goes for the county officials. Taxi jobs are pretty much useless, (original a2 and current a2 players know why). Being able to own a building for the restart and being able to save so you can either buy the same building again FOR JOB PURPOSES such as : Towing, and even illegal use as selling drugs to players and being able to hide the drugs in containers placed by ownership (giving C.I.D the reason to have UC). The map, is very well made out and before this happened I believe it was being worked on. Add more land marks around the map so players can explore more, doesn't matter what they are, just make it useful for roleplay, Buildings we could enter, sub stations for SD, and FD Preferably by water for maritime and esu aviation and boats. Weapons, op weapons isn't the thing for better roleplay. Add actual snipers don't make them overpowered.. Make it to where guns are not as cheap, you are (roleplay wise) taking a life when you kill someone so the weapon used should not be cheap. I seen a lot of post about community events and I sort of agree, community events on weekends such as (sunday or saturday) would be amazing. Showing that not every day is for serious roleplay. About the updates, give devs GOOD ideas for updates that are possible. Meaning do research.. These simple things show players that, woah cool! This community Cares! I don't know if anything I just typed makes sense.. Just reply lol
Edited by Stangl Sabra

The main complaint about A3 was the lag, They chose a good map to use but packed in so many unnecessary buildings and foliage, For example the bushes outside of the SD base, I highly doubt people would have cared if this was removed and all it did was cause trouble. If they choose a good map that has been tested, And they don’t pack in unnecessary buildings the lag will be fine, SD and EMS chain of command can be re thought and given to different people if they prove they are well fit for the role. They can use the same frame work because it was perfect. It wouldn’t be any longer then a month to put up a well thought out server if they use the same framework.

On 6/10/2019 at 4:44 AM, Stangl Sabra said:

The consistent change from A2 to A3 to A2 to A3 to A2 sucks.

I agree these weird changes have not helped us out, as I stated A2 will remain online in its loose state, requiring no PD or EMS structure, being online for people whenever that want to hop on.

I seen in previous post that consistent updates would keep members on.

I agree consistent updates are important, that's something we struggled with as some people on the dev team wanted to push big updates every one or two months while others wanted to push smaller updates every one or two weeks. I personally think an update every week or two would be better, even if it's just small bug fixes and some feature changes.

My suggestion would be to IF we launch A3 again, have a ranking system BUT, as we had/have in Arma 2 make public slots for both SD and FD.

Just to clarify, this would be like how Arma 2 was in the past correct? Meaning we have trained slots, but a few untrained slots on each side with limited access to weapons and items?

Being able to own a building for the restart and being able to save so you can either buy the same building again FOR JOB PURPOSES such as : Towing, and even illegal use as selling drugs to players and being able to hide the drugs in containers placed by ownership (giving C.I.D the reason to have UC).

This was an idea that was explored before, however, work hadn't been started on it yet for the most part. I definitely think this is something we can implement though.

8 hours ago, Jasta said:

The main complaint about A3 was the lag

The main issue when it comes to lag is actually testing for it, I never had an issue with lag, I understand we don't all have to same setups so it can be difficult to find out about these issues and sort them out. However, it's something we can work on, such as removing unnecessary items such as the shrubs around SD.

49 minutes ago, TheGamingChief said:

Just to clarify, this would be like how Arma 2 was in the past correct? Meaning we have trained slots, but a few untrained slots on each side with limited access to weapons and items?

Yes, it would be beneficial for us. It's something not many RP servers have and main reason why they loose some new players.

8 hours ago, TheGamingChief said:

I agree these weird changes have not helped us out, as I stated A2 will remain online in its loose state, requiring no PD or EMS structure, being online for people whenever that want to hop on.

I agree consistent updates are important, that's something we struggled with as some people on the dev team wanted to push big updates every one or two months while others wanted to push smaller updates every one or two weeks. I personally think an update every week or two would be better, even if it's just small bug fixes and some feature changes.

This was an idea that was explored before, however, work hadn't been started on it yet for the most part. I definitely think this is something we can implement though.

The main issue when it comes to lag is actually testing for it, I never had an issue with lag, I understand we don't all have to same setups so it can be difficult to find out about these issues and sort them out. However, it's something we can work on, such as removing unnecessary items such as the shrubs around SD.

On 6/22/2019 at 12:03 AM, Harry Dickinson said:

have you came back from your learning Grammar lesson bro

Have you came back after learning not to attempt to Dox people

Edited by Nino

On 6/20/2019 at 2:41 AM, Kevin385874 said:

12 year old kids aren't allowed to roast when they have no clue what they're talking about.

Funny thing is I'm not 12 I'm 16 I think you need to go back to school and have some Maths Lessons 

37 minutes ago, Nino said:

Funny thing is I'm not 12 I'm 16 I think you need to go back to school and have some Maths Lessons 

"Maths Lessons", your grammar is 10/10 bud. And guessing someones age has nothing to do with Math if I don't have the year you were born. Stop trying to roast the roast king, especially when you're 12. Bullshit that you're 16 and almost as old as me. I might need to take a sip of water like you do.

On 5/27/2019 at 1:23 PM, Todd Knight said:

Arma 3 for me was horrendous. Barely got over 15 fps on the olrpg arma 3 server while every other life server runs at least 35 - 60 fps.

Bring back arma 2

shit pc kid rekt o7 jk much love