Corrie Healy

INITIATION RULE CHANGE

Suggestion: 

A new initiation system to be implemented that will involve having to initiate for friends and allies within the area. And also for the current rule to be reworked that you must state what will happen if the person does not comply with your orders/demands that are given to him. E.G Stop and place your hands on your head or I'm gonna kill you. 

Why: 

I feel that the current rules are more favored towards the Arma 2 server rather than the Arma 3 server as the current initiation rule stats 

You must initiate on the person you are trying to rob by giving them a command stating you are robbing them such as "Put your hands on your head! This is a robbery!". After initiation, you must give at least 5 seconds for them to comply to your reasonable commands. If the person you are robbing tries to evade (i.e. driving or running away) then you may shoot the person.

Also, I find that a lot of gangs tend to say to cops leave or die but they don't initiate for there friend that area in the area. 

13 hours ago, Michael Vidov said:

Very confused on the wording.
If you are saying that your friends/gang members do not count as initiated when you are initiated or like they all have to initiate or what idk.

Not being bad but your wording here actually made me very confused. If I could just simplify what I mean. If you initiate on someone by saying hands up or die you have initiated for yourself. Meaning your gang that is in the area out of that person's sight may not fire at him. But if you were to say hands up or die I have friends in the area that will shoot you or along that line. Your gang had free will to shoot them. 

49 minutes ago, Corrie Healy said:

Not being bad but your wording here actually made me very confused. If I could just simplify what I mean. If you initiate on someone by saying hands up or die you have initiated for yourself. Meaning your gang that is in the area out of that person's sight may not fire at him. But if you were to say hands up or die I have friends in the area that will shoot you or along that line. Your gang had free will to shoot them. 

I thought when you initiate, you initiate for everyone in your gang. 
I don't think changing this will work well especially in arma 3.

Edited by Michael Vidov

57 minutes ago, Michael Vidov said:

I thought when you initiate, you initiate for everyone in your gang. 
I don't think changing this will work well especially in arma 3.

I think that this would cut back on the number of gunfights that happen on the server. I understand that not many people will agree with it but I think that it would be a good rule to add. As it will force gangs and cops to inform one another that there are people in the area.  

8 minutes ago, Corrie Healy said:

I think that this would cut back on the number of gunfights that happen on the server. I understand that not many people will agree with it but I think that it would be a good rule to add. As it will force gangs and cops to inform one another that there are people in the area.  

So for example: "stop following us or you will be killed" will be changed to "stop following us or all of my gang will kill u"? I don't think this will work and it also removes the element of surprise that comes from your gang setting up somewhere getting ready to ambush the pursuers.

Edited by Michael Vidov

Basically what you’re saying is if my gang member is initiated on then I cannot help him out despite me having the same clothing as him and us being in the same gang? This means if I’m barricaded in a building with a gang member Im not iniated on the cops  until I scream at the cops saying “I’m apart of this mans gang and if you enter this building I will be forced to open fire on you.”. To be perfectly honest this doesn’t happen in real life and would not work well in the server. 

1 hour ago, Jasta said:

Basically what you’re saying is if my gang member is initiated on then I cannot help him out despite me having the same clothing as him and us being in the same gang? This means if I’m barricaded in a building with a gang member Im not iniated on the cops  until I scream at the cops saying “I’m apart of this mans gang and if you enter this building I will be forced to open fire on you.”. To be perfectly honest this doesn’t happen in real life and would not work well in the server. 

What I'm saying is if someone initiates on your gang member he could counter initiate by saying if you do anything to me i do have friends in the area that will kill you. As simple as that. And the part of you can initiate for yourself but your friend would have informed the cops prior that you and multiple members of the gang that he is in will attack any coos that follow him so there will be no need for you to initiate for you involment with in the situation. Also the pure reason for this rule would be for there to be lesser gunfights. I understand that it might be highly hated 

6 minutes ago, Corrie Healy said:

What I'm saying is if someone initiates on your gang member he could counter initiate by saying if you do anything to me i do have friends in the area that will kill you. As simple as that. And the part of you can initiate for yourself but your friend would have informed the cops prior that you and multiple members of the gang that he is in will attack any coos that follow him so there will be no need for you to initiate for you involment with in the situation. Also the pure reason for this rule would be for there to be lesser gunfights. I understand that it might be highly hated 

Yes it would be highly hated, the idea is fucking stupid. People play on the server to have fun, less gunfights = less fun for the majority. Also having to initiate for your gang members telling them that you have friends that will kill them? What is this a fucking tea party? Just gonna talk out all the details of your gang to the other guy and figure out where he works and what his favorite restaurant is. If you think the rule will be highly hated it comes back to my old saying.... WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU POST IT THEN, can anyone on this community use their fucking brain when it comes to suggestions. 

Just now, Kevin385874 said:

Yes it would be highly hated, the idea is fucking stupid. People play on the server to have fun, less gunfights = less fun for the majority. Also having to initiate for your gang members telling them that you have friends that will kill them? What is this a fucking tea party? Just gonna talk out all the details of your gang to the other guy and figure out where he works and what his favorite restaurant is. If you think the rule will be highly hated it comes back to my old saying.... WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU POST IT THEN, can anyone on this community use their fucking brain when it comes to suggestions. 

Ok I don't think that I have ever used thextensively the words fucking stupid to any of your ideas. But I think that there may still be a boot up your ass  that you for got to remove. If you would like to return it please mail it to the Criminal Investigation Division main office. And on your point of less gunfights = less fun yes maybe for the people on the server that use it as an American takistan server. But do correct me if I'm wrong. In the name of the community it does say RPG now that may mean rocket propelled grenade. But the last time I asked TGC for the abriviation on what it ment he said ROLE PLAYING GAME. So I do believe that people that download the mods expect some form of roleplay. Also very suspicious how during a meeting you agreed with everything I said. And all of a sudden what I say is fucking stupid how about if you notingconstructive to say don't post something that adds nothing to the argument 

Just now, Corrie Healy said:

Ok I don't think that I have ever used thextensively the words fucking stupid to any of your ideas. But I think that there may still be a boot up your ass  that you for got to remove. If you would like to return it please mail it to the Criminal Investigation Division main office. And on your point of less gunfights = less fun yes maybe for the people on the server that use it as an American takistan server. But do correct me if I'm wrong. In the name of the community it does say RPG now that may mean rocket propelled grenade. But the last time I asked TGC for the abriviation on what it ment he said ROLE PLAYING GAME. So I do believe that people that download the mods expect some form of roleplay. Also very suspicious how during a meeting you agreed with everything I said. And all of a sudden what I say is fucking stupid how about if you notingconstructive to say don't post something that adds nothing to the argument 

The amount of stupidity in that post is past the first one. I'm not mad at all about being removed From CID, after the protocol change the division sucks dick. Good effort for a roast tho for someone who will never make it past sergeant in this community and your brain cells support it. During the meeting I never said anything to you cuz I had my mic muted and u would also not know that I poked fatal at the beginning when I heard roleplay, my poke said "here we go. Again". (plus I was flying my brand new f18 on dcs) There's roleplay on the server such as traffic stops and people who do bank and such, gunfights are a outcome of roleplay and are the only thing to make the server fun. I did post something constructive, I was arguing with how fucking stupid your post is and how many brain cells I lose everytime someone mentions roleplay. You also havent used the word stupid to my ideas because 99% of them aren't fucking stupid (Aka helping make highway patrol a fucking thing for patrol On A2 before I was removed.) When you try to talk shit about someone getting removed from a division, be a supervisor of it instead of only being in it for a week. I hope you can learn from this and learn how to talk shit

You're truly, 

Stinger Lieutenant

Posted from my phone so me=no english

25 minutes ago, Corrie Healy said:

The more RP we add to the server the more it’s gonna die, Sure if we had a mature player base we could have good RP situations but let’s be real, 90 percent of the player base is 12 year olds who only want to frag, The only successful fully RP servers are the ones with age limits and whitelisting but with a small community like ours that would be impossible. If we were to do it we would be removing the majority of our members, This would then cause less players to join because no one wants to play on a server with 3 people on it. 

Just now, Jasta said:

The more RP we add to the server the more it’s gonna die, Sure if we had a mature player base we could have good RP situations but let’s be real, 90 percent of the player base is 12 year olds who only want to frag, The only successful fully RP servers are the ones with age limits and whitelisting but with a small community like ours that would be impossible. If we were to do it we would be removing the majority of our members, This would then cause less players to join because no one wants to play on a server with 3 people on it. 

More like 30% of olrpgs player base are users younger than 15 (or just squeaky like jerrod was) 

On 2/12/2019 at 1:20 PM, Corrie Healy said:

This is how it should be.

Just now, Michael Vidov said:

-1 very unrealistic and just lazy tbh.

the point is to lessen the amount of cancer we deal. I am so tired of shooting Kevin and Jerrod. Its firefight after firefight. Why dont you people come up with cool, fun RP scenarios to do? be uber drivers, do drug deals, stuff like that

3 hours ago, Nate Sherman said:

the point is to lessen the amount of cancer we deal. I am so tired of shooting Kevin and Jerrod. Its firefight after firefight. Why dont you people come up with cool, fun RP scenarios to do? be uber drivers, do drug deals, stuff like that

Nate if I could just quickly quote a few people that know the community like the back of there hand 

On 2/13/2019 at 2:32 PM, Michael Vidov said:

More like 30% of olrpgs player base are users younger than 15 (or just squeaky like jerrod was

On 2/13/2019 at 1:43 PM, Kevin385874 said:

On 2/13/2019 at 2:30 PM, Jasta said:

The more RP we add to the server the more it’s gonna die, Sure if we had a mature player base we could have good RP situations but let’s be real, 90 percent of the player base is 12 year olds who only want to frag,

On 2/13/2019 at 2:06 PM, Kevin385874 said:

There's roleplay on the server such as traffic stops and people who do bank and such, gunfights are a outcome of roleplay and are the only thing to make the server fun.

11 hours ago, Corrie Healy said:

Nate if I could just quickly quote a few people that know the community like the back of there hand 

I would love if anybody could name 1 very large thing that added so much role play to the server that everybody loves. The only thing i could ever see that everyone loves was when there was new cars or new guns added into A2. RP with less than 30 players just isn't fun, half of you will say that role play is fun no matter what i say, but you go ahead and play on a server where no one is robbing anything and there are no shootouts and no pursuits. Look at communities like project life, there's some people who enjoy role play there but the main source of fun for both factions is shootouts. I don't know why nobody understands, you want to add stupid rules that "increase role play' but decrease "fun" in the server. There's reasons why the server has died and is still dying and if you pay attention you'll know that senior staff hasn't added any of these stupid bullshit "role-play" suggestions yet because they wont help. Also just like to say that I've been apart of this community for almost 2 and a half years, plus i played on RLRPG way back then, adding things to add gun-play to the server was the only updates that made a difference (and cars). Don't think i'm fully against role-play, I like parts of it and don't like parts of it, the problem is implementing in a way that wont kill the population because i still care about this community and don't want it to see it die because of retarded players who cant make a decent suggestion for their life.