CP3088

Recent Events and Bans

Dear Community,

Due to recent events, I felt it would be necessary to say a few things…

Senior Staff recently made the decision to ban some community members due to their toxicity. These people decided to make false claims about a recent developer made map vote, where his intention was to simply get a general idea of what the community wanted for ArmA3. Since the vote was open to everyone, those same people decided to make fake accounts to push their own agenda. IP Board does not allow for easy vote removal, so TheGamingChief took it upon himself to switch some of the false votes and balance out their impact. When this happened, a few community members decided to start a huge ruckus claiming the vote was rigged, even though it held no significant value. It was created by a developer, and not endorsed by Senior Staff to begin with.

The issues with the vote was explained during the community meeting, and a Q&A session was hosted to clear up any concerns. Since these few individuals decided to keep causing unnecessary drama after being told to stop, it was decided that Senior Staff needed to sit down and have a chat with them. They continued to make negative comments and spread false information to other members, it got to point where they tried convincing people that Senior Staff was corrupt and would just ban those that didn’t agree. Other comments got made about shooting up people homes and workplaces, but when Senior Staff sat down with these individuals, they made no attempt to help their situation. They constantly changed their avatars to memes attacking members of Senior Staff and Developers, along with constantly saying the administration had “schoolgirl emotions.” At this point it was decided that some action had to be taken, and everyone involved ended up with a temporary ban. Even though I would have issued a permanent ban for these individuals, they will have another chance.

I want to end this post with a quick note. We’re trying to make ArmA3 work, which means toxicity like this cannot be tolerated, and punishments will be given by Senior Staff as they see fit. Another thing, I may be busy with college, but am active in the Senior Staff Discord channel. I hear about most of the toxic people here, and will begin pushing for heavier punishments.

If anyone has any questions about this, feel free to send me a PM.

- CP3088

To be honest, and this is if I am correct in assuming the people you are on about, I would agree and just permanently ban them. Literally, every time staff/senior staff has accepted a ban appeal that person just comes back and is even more toxic than usual.

I think people who are banned are banned fairly and correctly, they prove that themselves when they come back here and act like even bigger assholes.

5 hours ago, Steve O´Connor said:

Kevin coming in with the random ass comments. Keep it up lmao 

Plus 1'ing the statement wasn't random, however, your comment was.