Marty Hart

I really hope this never happens again...

*Small administration edit, please read the bottom post of this thread. Thanks*

This entire Post above and the whole vote was the single stupidest thing that has ever occurred on this Community. All things considered I find it funny that we elect to go on a map that literally loses a vote that no one asked Senior Staff to post in the first place. Either A) Drama is just something you people enjoy and get off on or B) This is a place where we like to just play with people and let them pick something just to spit on that choice even when it's a majority vote and simply go with what you wanted in the first place. Why have a vote? Why bother? I honestly don't know and I have a right to irritated with this whole thing.

The reason I am making this post is simple. I sincerely hope something as stupid as this vote above and this "situation" that this stupid vote created never ever happens again. I think we as a community, regardless of what you voted for, can agree that this vote was A) pointless and B) accomplished nothing and C) simply created drama and tension among the community, it's members, and the people's general opinion of how the OLRPG staff team handles situations such as this.

Whatever happened is in the past, I hope we can all move on, but forgetting things like this is quite hard when they are so detrimental to the well being of a community and the trust we have for the community leadership to do what people elect to have. In the future if you want something done a certain way, just do it..... don't bother making "votes" and acting like it's like a situation where the Senior Staff team will honor anything the community wants. This isn't a country, its a community. If you really want something a certain way, for whatever reason, then you as Senior Staff can just do it, there's nothing forcing staff to make a vote, especially when the outcome means literally less than nothing, it's as simple as that.

Edited by TheGamingChief
Added Note

I completely agree with this. Why would you even have a vote if you weren't willing to work, and comply with the wishes of the community? It kind of shows why we're in the position we're at, where we just came from an Arma 2 Launch, and already switch right back to A3. It's like continuously going back to an abusive relationship time and time again, and get surprised when you get hit when it happened two months prior. I have no clue how to dev, so I can't really bitch about the lack of work or the lack of content, because I have no clue what effort, skill, or time goes into it, but, what's going to change this launch from the last one? There's no incentive for people to come back to it for the long run, purely because we've been promised content in the past, but have yet to receive anything new. Anyway, I'm drifting from the actual point of this. 

If you wanted a set map, just use that fucking map. Don't make a poll, and not follow the results, because it'll seem like the only reason you made a poll was to give the facade that the community had a voice when you already had your mindset. It's really scummy, and certainly isn't a way to unite the community. 

Edited by Roy Mustang

I firmly believe that with enough work Cicada could be a great map. It has its flaws but has been largely successful on this community. Even if you used Kelley's Island for the time being and then worked on Cicada.

But then again - the vote was rigged from the start.

<23:42:28> "TheGamingChief": ?

<23:42:38> "Justin Nolan": how come some of the votes were converted somehow

<23:42:41> "Justin Nolan": for the map choice

<23:43:07> "Justin Nolan": just curious

<23:43:12> "Justin Nolan": not trying to start anything

<23:43:26> "TheGamingChief": Fake accounts, IP board is kinda aids could only change or delete the votes. If people are going to make fake accounts and vote for something I'm going to give them a unindedied effect

<23:43:34> "Justin Nolan": who was fake

<23:43:36> "TheGamingChief": could only change

<23:43:40> "TheGamingChief": couldn't delete

Edited by Justin Nolan

I'm going to lock this thread before it can get any more aids.

Just going to lay down some notes real fast, hopefully, those who can actually use their brain read this since it will show how full of shit you are.

1. The vote was there to get an idea what people wanted, it was never to be a whatever wins happens vote, it was simply to get a feel for what people felt. 

2. From what I saw you weren't at the community meeting, during this time we took the time to explain our thoughts and reasoning for wanting Kelley's Island, and from what I've seen that changed a lot of peoples minds. Being able to sit down and explain the issues and being able to communicate back and forth with community members was an important part of the meeting, that's why it happened in the first place. For anyone who couldn't make it I highly recommend you watch the video back.

3. @Marty Hartyou and @Justin Nolanare the ones causing the drama here, and you've been doing it for a long time. It's pretty bad if the community leader says how full of shit you guys are and even suggests you are removed from the community for the community's own good. If you don't like it leave, go to a different community it would cause less drama, but then again you'll be back in a few months once that community dies, and you'll be starting drama here again.

That's really all I have to say about your original post. 

1 hour ago, Roy Mustang said:

I completely agree with this. Why would you even have a vote if you weren't willing to work, and comply with the wishes of the community? It kind of shows why we're in the position we're at, where we just came from an Arma 2 Launch, and already switch right back to A3. It's like continuously going back to an abusive relationship time and time again, and get surprised when you get hit when it happened two months prior. I have no clue how to dev, so I can't really bitch about the lack of work or the lack of content, because I have no clue what effort, skill, or time goes into it, but, what's going to change this launch from the last one? There's no incentive for people to come back to it for the long run, purely because we've been promised content in the past, but have yet to receive anything new. Anyway, I'm drifting from the actual point of this. 

If you wanted a set map, just use that fucking map. Don't make a poll, and not follow the results, because it'll seem like the only reason you made a poll was to give the facade that the community had a voice when you already had your mindset. It's really scummy, and certainly isn't a way to unite the community. 

1. The vote was to get people's opinion, once you factor out fake accounts it was somewhere around 50/50. 

2. At no point did we say that vote would be the end result, just was looking to get an idea on what people thought. We can't please everyone, no matter what happens someone will be upset.

3. Going back to A2 was just a temporary thing, go back and read @CP3088's post on it. We figured out the major kinks with A3 and are moving back to it.

4. Yeah, you really can't bitch since you know nothing on how it works, how about to go and watch the video of the community meeting (assuming you weren't there) since we cover that.

5. New content will come, again this was discussed in the community meeting.

1 hour ago, Justin Nolan said:

I firmly believe that with enough work Cicada could be a great map. It has its flaws but has been largely successful on this community. Even if you used Kelley's Island for the time being and then worked on Cicada.

But then again - the vote was rigged from the start.

Again, go back and watch the community meeting video since you weren't there when we discussed it.

Also please fuck off saying the vote was rigged, people created fake accounts just to vote for Cicada. It really shows how sad some people are.