Charlie Smith

I dont know what to title this... Calling all devs and players?

I will admit I got a lot of hate because I was apart of PMC and broke so many rules, wasnt around for arma 3, etc...

I see a lot of people complaining about arma 3 not being a thing right now. I would like everyone to post their issues with the old arma 3 server that way IF the devs listen they will create a server you guys will love. Have at it. 

My issue would be don't try to make this project life where you have to spend 30 years gather resources to make vehicles or grind money to get to 300k just to have your car blown up 20 mins later. Actually take your time and do things correctly. Make the arma 3 server just like arma 2 and make it that "cops and robbers" feel that made A2 boom. If people wanna spend 10 years getting matierals to get a car and have over realistic roleplay then they can spend the $20 to get in. Otherwise just bring back the old server we all miss.

Edited by Charlie Smith

I am going to be monitoring this topic. Any and all unnecessary comments will be removed. I want replies that will help increase the chance of success or effectiveness. If you're going to type anything, make sure it serves the purpose please. This isn't a topic for your anger and hate comments, many of them aren't, but you leave them anyway. Help OurLifeRPG flourish

3 hours ago, Charlie Smith said:

I will admit I got a lot of hate because I was apart of PMC and broke so many rules, wasnt around for arma 3, etc...

I see a lot of people complaining about arma 3 not being a thing right now. I would like everyone to post their issues with the old arma 3 server that way IF the devs listen they will create a server you guys will love. Have at it. 

My issue would be don't try to make this project life where you have to spend 30 years gather resources to make vehicles or grind money to get to 300k just to have your car blown up 20 mins later. Actually take your time and do things correctly. Make the arma 3 server just like arma 2 and make it that "cops and robbers" feel that made A2 boom. If people wanna spend 10 years getting matierals to get a car and have over realistic roleplay then they can spend the $20 to get in. Otherwise just bring back the old server we all miss.

I totally agree with you.

4 hours ago, Charlie Smith said:

over realistic roleplay

over realistic roleplay sounds interesting to me.

anyways, making the server like cops n robbers might work fine for a while but then eventually people will get bored of that as well like we do here. im not saying it is a bad thing, thats what I voted for as well but people should be prepared for that. if you want people to stick around for longer then we need more stuff to do as civs. thats just my 2 cents, have a nice day

I personally enjoy a lot of RP. I think that creating a DOJ structure, but with some lower jail times would be great. Being jailed in a game for more than 45 minutes is excessive. But creating a DOJ system allows for defense attorneys, prosecutors, and judges. Cases being tried can be an event in game. It just allows for a new aspect at OLRPG.

A well-balanced economy will also be extremely beneficial. 

Not to throw any shade at staff, but an extremely active staff will provide a lot of benefit to the community. Get rid of the rule breakers.

Also, allow for player-run businesses. This can include media stations, PMC, towing, Uber, stuff like that. Law firms too!

Edited by Raymond Blackwell

Best thing to do is have rp but don't go strict rp.. system like ours currently but modify the rules to make rp  required at all times like bank robbery and etc not just cops shoot em up.. same rules apply no cops you can't stick around flee if possible....  I have been apart of 3 strict rp servers all failed due to people just not wanting a game to become a job

Edited by Stabidy
Phone correcting

5 hours ago, Raymond Blackwell said:

I personally enjoy a lot of RP. I think that creating a DOJ structure, but with some lower jail times would be great. Being jailed in a game for more than 45 minutes is excessive. But creating a DOJ system allows for defense attorneys, prosecutors, and judges. Cases being tried can be an event in game. It just allows for a new aspect at OLRPG.

A well-balanced economy will also be extremely beneficial. 

Not to throw any shade at staff, but an extremely active staff will provide a lot of benefit to the community. Get rid of the rule breakers.

Also, allow for player-run businesses. This can include media stations, PMC, towing, Uber, stuff like that. Law firms too!

I love the doj idea. I personally am a judge on project life and have been for a while. I can personally tell you that those systems work amazingly! It increases player interaction role play and provides everyone with a fair chance to administer justice and to fight their case. Also, in the doj system if implemented I’d suggest a civil section also.

p.s. Can anyone change my name to Islandman on the forums?

Edited by Daniel Lee

I have always considered Ourlife an Arcade-RPG where you don't have to spend A lot of time to grind to get a nice car or a truck, I would love if the Arma 3 server was more like the arcadey Arma 2 server in that regard.

Edited by Michael Vidov

3 hours ago, Michael Vidov said:

I have always considered Ourlife an Arcade-RPG where you don't have to spend A lot of time to grind to get a nice car or a truck, I would love if the Arma 3 server was more like the arcadey Arma 2 server in that regard.

Yes please

I could not agree more with the economy system suggestions. A lot of the A3 Servers go around having you grind for hours/days to get what 3000, I think we should keep the economic system we have or make it just that bit more realistic.

Since I don't want to cause aids on this fine post, all I will say is that I feel it doesn't make any sense to have DOJ. Here are my reasons why:

- We don't have the population to handle it

- The way the server has been historically should show that we can't have this, there can't be hardcore rp jobs like this with the people we have and while it may sound like a cool idea to a lot of people the majority will grow to hate it. Even Project Life people hate their DOJ.

- The argument that we have excessive jail times may be true depending on who you are, but adding DOJ doesn't solve this. Honestly a Corrections division could work way better than DOJ

I think it doesn't make any sense to add any hardcore rp jobs or roles because most people don't care. That's not what this server is about and people can already get that elsewhere.

Just my 2 Cents.

80% of the server just wants to frag. which is fine, However they are the same players who complain they are bored of the server and "there's nothing to do" meanwhile they do not try and create any role play. the other 20% enjoy roleplay, and get frustrated with their roleplay being limited. Server needs to base itself off one or the other. A good economy would limit how Often you can kill the whole server, not a bad idea if executed correctly.