Jerrod Nealio

We need to do something.

ARMA 3 OURLIFE STYLE we should be a casual rp server with a little gunplay so their is always action, we should have a small map something the size of ciciada and dont spread things out too far. Have more models on our server and make our arma 3 server unique. arma 2 is basically dead idk if anything add deadem cars to pd and civ so the small amount of people that do get on have something new to use and have fun with 

How are we gonna do that with a dead server? Let's face it, the only reason A3 was successful at the start was because the other half of the community that could give less of a shit about OLRPG woke up because they saw something new and then went back to sleep because they remembered that not only did they not care but they already did what was there and now they are bored again. You have to look at it mostly from the communities perspective, not just the server standpoint. The community wants new stuff, new improvements, and more roleplay. They don't want updates every 2 months that are mostly just bug updates (not that there is anything wrong with that). The current method of how the server works will make it die fast, and I can assure you it will.

Edited by James Moore

best i can tell you is people have complained and i mean even myself i believe the lack of rp is part of the issue right now.. people run then shoot cops pretty much all it is there is no roleplay most of the time like bank robberys few try to roleplay in the bank with a hostage or anything of this caliber... right now we are a low key Deathmatch server under small circumstances you have to follow to fire at some one. 

54 minutes ago, Piotr OBrian said:

ARMA 3 OURLIFE STYLE we should be a casual rp server with a little gunplay so their is always action, we should have a small map something the size of ciciada and dont spread things out too far. Have more models on our server and make our arma 3 server unique. arma 2 is basically dead idk if anything add deadem cars to pd and civ so the small amount of people that do get on have something new to use and have fun with 

no? we had an arma 3 server and it was shit and it died. don't give suggestions that olrpg has already attempted

11 minutes ago, Michael Jacks said:

Stop making this cops and robbers and you know... role play... go shopping... racing... fight clubs... i dunno just do something that doesnt always involve cops getting annoying and civs be little bitches.

Alright, thank you for being the first person to not say arma 3

20 minutes ago, Stabidy said:

best i can tell you is people have complained and i mean even myself i believe the lack of rp is part of the issue right now.. people run then shoot cops pretty much all it is there is no roleplay most of the time like bank robberys few try to roleplay in the bank with a hostage or anything of this caliber... right now we are a low key Deathmatch server under small circumstances you have to follow to fire at some one. 

I mean its ArmA 2 roleplay, we don't really have a ton of cool as shit options except for paint ball oh wait that dosent work 

41 minutes ago, James Moore said:

How are we gonna do that with a dead server? Let's face it, the only reason A3 was successful at the start was because the other half of the community that could give less of a shit about OLRPG woke up because they saw something new and then went back to sleep because they remembered that not only did they not care but they already did what was there and now they are bored again. You have to look at it mostly from the communities perspective, not just the server standpoint. The community wants new stuff, new improvements, and more roleplay. They don't want updates every 2 months that are mostly just bug updates (not that there is anything wrong with that). The current method of how the server works will make it die fast, and I can assure you it will.

It wasn't all that successful James, the average player count would be like 15-10 every weekend. Idk why all of you are so fixated on the ArmA 3 server coming back and increasing pop, it's just going to die out the first week because ArmA 3 roleplay gets older quicker than ArmA 2. So idk why all of you are suggesting ArmA 3

25 minutes ago, Jerrod Nealio said:

Alright, thank you for being the first person to not say arma 3

ArmA 3 failed.. literally dropped this server and as soon as it goes back to ArmA 2 our population goes back up... then... people go back to be cancerous and fuck up the server again.

Could change the map? After playing on Cicada for about two years, it's gotten a tad bland. I remember whenever people were talking about making a Tavianna server, and that created a spark into the community. Just bring something new, we have Devs for a reason, idk. (wasn't a jab at the devs, I don't even have a clue how to build a toaster) 

Edited by Roy Mustang

1 hour ago, Roy Mustang said:

Could change the map? After playing on Cicada for about two years, it's gotten a tad bland. I remember whenever people were talking about making a Tavianna server, and that created a spark into the community. Just bring something new, we have Devs for a reason, idk. (wasn't a jab at the devs, I don't even have a clue how to build a toaster) 

I have to agree. We could even change to Emita or even apple gate http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26898

Edited by Nino