Steve O´Connor

Sheriffs VEST FIX PLEASE!!!

Something needs to be done with the REALLY FUCKING OP SHERIFFS VEST. 

Like it's not fun to do crime when you literally need to pay 25k for a gun and 15 mags because it takes 3 mags to kill 1 officer like. it's fucking dumb. your community is made up of people who either wants to kill people or wants to be cop rn the cop side is OP AS FUCK. and it is no fucking fun being civ.

you fixed the sheriffs department then you fucked it again because of these op af vests.

According to Garry and TGC, we were talking about this yesterday and having no vest at all is about 2 shots to kill while the heavy vest is 6 shots to kill on the torso, with a typical carbine or assault rifle. I think it is very likely that you are missing most of your shots. You would be surprised how few of your bullets are hitting your target, especially under fully automatic fire. When you look at this post, even at point blank you can see that the shooters miss many shots, and that the officer goes down very quickly as well, in about 6 shots as well.

The vest you are specifically referring to is not overpowered as there are many different strategies to counteract the defense of one vest. I have been instantly killed many times by snipers, because of the larger caliber and likely because of better aim. Another example, as it is a "heavy vest," any officers wearing it cannot run as far and as fast, and I have lost suspects in foot pursuits just because of this reason.

It seems to me that you are only using one tactic against officers who are wearing the vest, directly engaging them one on one, which is the only strength of it. In Arma 2 and in Arma 3, I have come across criminals successfully using many different tactics against better equipped and trained police. I will not go into detail about these tactics for obvious reasons, but I am sure you can ask around and see what tactics "professional criminals" on our server use. It takes a bit of creativity and critical thinking to be a better criminal.

I don't think that 25k is an unreasonable price for a rifle on civ. I know you are exaggerating about it taking 3 mags to kill one officer, but I still don't understand how the Sheriff's Department was "fucked" by these vests, as these vests were introduced very early on. I don't think that people want to be cop because it is overpowered; that is not true at all. From personal experience, I and many other officers can tell you that it is not as easy as it looks and there are many regulations we have to follow.  There is a very high level of professionalism that has to be adhered to.  One small mistake can cost us our jobs.

16 minutes ago, Harvey Armstrong said:

According to Garry and TGC, we were talking about this yesterday and having no vest at all is about 2 shots to kill while the heavy vest is 6 shots to kill on the torso, with a typical carbine or assault rifle. I think it is very likely that you are missing most of your shots. You would be surprised how few of your bullets are hitting your target, especially under fully automatic fire. When you look at this post, even at point blank you can see that the shooters miss many shots, and that the officer goes down very quickly as well, in about 6 shots as well.

I'm not sure I agree. Six shots still seems like too much, especially since civilians go down in ~1-3 shots.

I don't even think our S.E.R.T. vests cam withstand that many, but I may be wrong.

12 minutes ago, Justin Nolan said:

I'm not sure I agree. Six shots still seems like too much, especially since civilians go down in ~1-3 shots.

I don't even think our S.E.R.T. vests cam withstand that many, but I may be wrong.

I have just done some testing, and despite being 'armour level 5' SERT vests are worse than civ vests. These are all averages, sometimes its more and sometimes it is less. 

The average civ vest takes 4 shots from a standard m4 to kill.

The heavy PD vest takes 6 shots from a standard m4.

The SWAT vest takes 3 shots from a standard m4. 

The difference is not that much and to be totally honest, civs have a lot of other advantages that I think the way it is, is fair. If anything I would say buff swat vests as they seem to have shocking penetration resistance. 

24 minutes ago, Kyle Alexander said:

I have just done some testing, and despite being 'armour level 5' SERT vests are worse than civ vests. These are all averages, sometimes its more and sometimes it is less. 

The difference is not that much and to be totally honest, civs have a lot of other advantages that I think the way it is, is fair. If anything I would say buff swat vests as they seem to have shocking penetration resistance. 

I did some testing with Pasha and Steve o Connor with the civ vest today and with m4's and pistols it only takes max 2/3 shots to kill a person.

1 hour ago, Kyle Alexander said:

If this is true, than why not just give SERT the heavy vest and remove it from patrol completely. I feel this would balance the game with civs and cops being SERT isn't online 24/7. I could be wrong, just my opinion though.

38 minutes ago, Jimmy Bimbo said:

If this is true, than why not just give SERT the heavy vest and remove it from patrol completely. I feel this would balance the game with civs and cops being SERT isn't online 24/7. I could be wrong, just my opinion though.

+1

22 minutes ago, Kyle Alexander said:

Another point to add is headshots are one hit kills. Regardless of helmet, with a standard m4 headshots will always one hit kill. 

Headshots will be very rare, especially during quick firefights which we're seeing a lot.

9 hours ago, Kyle Alexander said:

6 shots versus 4 shots? Minimal loss in mobility compared to the heavy vest? There is no way that the heavy vest is overpowered when you look at that statistic. I agree, the only thing that should come out of this is that the SERT vests should be buffed. Criminal civilians have many more advantages and options in fighting the police. Just because a civilian would usually lose one on one gunfights by 2 shots does not mean it is overpowered. It means that the civilian is using the wrong tactic. Reducing the armor resistance of the heavy vest would make it very unfair for SD.

8 hours ago, Jimmy Bimbo said:

+1 Would make more sense if S.E.R.T only had access to the heavy vests and normal patrol units just keep a single standard issue vest