Spiizy

why is this server transferring to arma 3

SgLrhSH.png

What he said, idk how you guys think servers run but it's expensive. We need donations to survive, we are legit below our funding reserves, we haven't been below that reserves ever. And when I say ever, I legit mean we have never been under that amount since we set that aside as reserve funds.

what if you gave people website perks and not in game?

would that still be against bohemia?

Like what? There's not a whole lot that can be given on the website.

Maybe donator discussion again :^)

special donor tag with a certain tier

custom member title they can change

cant think of anything else right now.

I mean now that I think about, as TGC said we don’t have enough money to continue. If we are BELOW our reserves that means we can’t continue for much longer. I think instead of adding new content, we need to think of ways to earn money. I can ask my grandparents who are the kind that do anything, and I will ask them for like $300 which is no problem for them. Also, we could start a kickstarter just for fundraising and that could go to the funding reserves. Lastly, Bohemia is trying to kill us as we all know. The best we can try and do is stay up for the rest of 2018.

Maybe donator discussion again :^)

R56OktG8SN6Y8DPh0Bf21w.jpeg

As you can see literally no one used that discussion, it had a couple of aids memes and that's it. I really doubt adding it back would help drive people to donate.

special donor tag with a certain tier

Do you mean like a tier system with perks for each donation tier? And if that's what you meant what would be those perks?

custom member title they can change

Fair enough, we can make it so that anyone who has donated have the ability to change their member title. However, that would only drive people to donate one time, that's not very helpful further down the road. We could add a item in the store that allows you to change your title one time for a small fee of $5 or something like that, thoughts?

Side Note: For anyone at BI this refers only to monetization of the website (ourliferpg.net) and is not discussion for donations for in-game perks.

What he said, idk how you guys think servers run but it's expensive. We need donations to survive, we are legit below our funding reserves, we haven't been below that reserves ever. And when I say ever, I legit mean we have never been under that amount since we set that aside as reserve funds.

Not sure what the specs and performance on your box are, but what I've done in the past is add some other lightweight game servers to the box that are donator only. People used to pay for access to donator Minecraft, Rust (more taxing on the box), etc.

Not sure what the specs and performance on your box are, but what I've done in the past is add some other lightweight game servers to the box that are donator only. People used to pay for access to donator Minecraft, Rust (more taxing on the box), etc.

Our server is very beefy, the only issue with this has been finding something that people would actually play and spend money on.

If you can host other lightweight games, if you push for maybe a CS:GO Server which you can purchase donator teirs for I can say almost certain you’ll get an additional player base for that server and be making gauc of those donationsu

Please elaborate.

This might be totally different than what he is thinking, but maybe you can have the member title for a week before having to renew it if you wanna keep it

If you can host other lightweight games, if you push for maybe a CS:GO Server which you can purchase donator teirs for I can say almost certain you’ll get an additional player base for that server and be making gauc of those donationsu

As many people in this community that play CS, that's actually a really good idea. Not sure how it would run alongside the A2 server, though.

I've heard of a lot of people donating for stupid shit on other games, but CS:GO? What / why would anyone donate for that?

Please elaborate.

I meant that where you may be selling "perks" on the website, you don't sell them as one off purchases, you sell them as a monthly subscription or some shit.

"Subscribe for a TS Channel"

"Subscribe for a custom tag"

"Subscribe for a custom member title"

Is custom names a thing? Can you change someones name to like a fancy picture font?

idfk tbh like you think of something to sell right and then instead of selling it once forever, you sell it as a subscription like netflix :)

I've heard of a lot of people donating for stupid shit on other games, but CS:GO? What / why would anyone donate for that?

If you have a plan to make an actually community of the CS thing, $20 for some knife and glove skins per month, access to like special commands or something like that

If your doing it wIth the sole intent to create a profit literally sell admin ranks on the actually server

If you have a plan to make an actually community of the CS thing, $20 for some knife and glove skins per month, access to like special commands or something like that

If your doing it wIth the sole intent to create a profit literally sell admin ranks on the actually server

Please don't make paid-for-ranks a thing, even if it would just be for a CS server. Communities that allow that should not be associated with anything other than trash. Edited by steven2127