TheGamingChief

End Of 2017 Update

As 2017 has just come to an end I wanted to wish everyone here a happy new year and I wish everyone the best for 2018. There are a few things I want to quickly go over.

Plans For 2018:

Our exact plans for 2018 are still up in the air, we want suggestions from the community on what everyone wants. This could be expanding and adding a server for a different game, or completely changing a core feature, it all depends on what the community wants and what we think is best for the community. Please give us some feedback by replying to this thread with your idea, the top 5 or so liked posts will be up for a community vote. Please put some actual effort into any suggestions and type “Suggestion:” at the top of your reply to allow us to filter the replies better. Anyone who posts a “suggestion” with little effort or just plain trolling will have the post removed along with a temporary forum ban if needed. If you see a suggestion that you like or planned to submit please like that suggestion instead, we want to avoid duplicate suggestions.

Money / Monetization:

As you all know servers are not free, we have spent over $5,000 on a physical server that we built and deployed in Denver. Thanks to the time we had being able to monetize the ArmA 2 server we had the chance to pay off that $5,000 server. However, we still have quite the bill from Colocation (hosting the server box in a datacenter), Domain Names (ourliferpg.net and other domains we own), SSL Certificates (security certificates that allow data to be sent securely from your computer to our website and vice versa. Also, known as https in the website URL), and other miscellaneous costs. After Bohemia Interactive decided to crack down on ArmA 2 server monetization (and directly threaten us with legal action) we were forced to stop any sort of monetization of the ArmA 2 server. We’ve recently introduced some ads to the website in an attempt to earn a little bit of money to help cover these costs. However, since most people use ad blocker we are making little to no money from these ads. I highly encourage everyone reading this, if you don’t have money to donate to the community please consider disabling your ad blocker for our website, I’ll leave instructions on how to do that for the most common ad blocking extensions below.

AdBlock Instructions: Link

AdBlock Plus Instructions: Link

However, even if everyone that played on this community disabled their ad blocker that still wouldn’t be enough money to support the community by itself. If everyone reading this post donated $5 we would be set for quite a while, we want to continue to provide a fun gaming experience but at our current rate we won’t have money for the 2nd quarter of 2018. We have just gone below our set reserves for the first time in this community’s history. If you guys have any extra money please consider donating, all donations go to supporting the community with its costs.  We hope to find a way to make more money to allow us grow the community with better tools, services, and developers. As I said we are taking suggestions for ways to monetize the community, the same rules listed in the plans for 2018 section apply.

Closing:

To close this update, I want to thank everyone here for a great 2017, and here's to 2018. I’ll be reading every reply as usually, I’ll attempt to reply to as many replies as possible, Senior Staff will also be reading the replies and commenting on them.

uKgo5Ck.gif

Suggestion: (Game server)

Possibly you could get a GTA RP (FiveM, etc.) server? just a thought that I got considering that's one of the closest things you're getting to actual RP as long as everything is done correctly. Just wanted to throw it out there see how it goes, I for one would love to see that included. :)

Possibly you could get a GTA RP (FiveM, etc.) server? just a thought that I got considering that's one of the closest things you're getting to actual RP as long as everything is done correctly. Just wanted to throw it out there see how it goes, I for one would love to see that included. :)

on pc right?

Yes on pc, and I was just referring to GTA 5 as you can get alot more out of it.

yeah but gta5 will be not same as a2. all rp server ive seen on gta 5 have a spawner menu where you spawn all ur shit and customize your stuff. idk if its possible to make jobs to earn your shit and stuff

Suggestion: Game server GTA SAN ANDREAS

No gta sa is not dead alot of roleplay servers has 1k players on it maybe give it a try? works for steam version and dvd

You see the problem with other servers like FiveM and wasteland etc is that it drags away from the actual server itself ,which can kill the community by bringing people away from what they came here for. I know this because I have been apart of a community who have done this and the community died shortly after they added a Arma 3 wasteland server on top of their already Roleplay server that they had.

I did set up a GTA to server about a month ago for a weekend, we had a grand total of 5 or so people play since others didn't want to download the mods, and also TGC wouldn't give me access to the box running it and everyone had God mode.... It ran smooth and had positive feedback from the people who played it,I will talk with TGC on getting that server back up correctly, the mod pack is still in the GTA channel to download.

maybe expand to other rp things like FiveM , Gmod SRP or DRP I dont know much about donations on fiveM but I know on Gmod you can get lots of donations

I am really surprised how long we managed to stay up with all the trials we have faced: $5,800 on a box, $4,800+ on previous hosting, $2,000 on current hosting (we saved money with colo  ;) ), few more thousand on expenses, people leaving, DDoS'ers, legal issues, dumb asses, drama and cancer (@Ben)....

Hopefully 2018 will put us in a better place financially, so that we can be around in 2019, or even 2020!

maybe expand to other rp things like FiveM , Gmod SRP or DRP I dont know much about donations on fiveM but I know on Gmod you can get lots of donations

if its mod your worried about I know a amazing group of ppl that can help with that stuff.

I did set up a GTA to server about a month ago for a weekend, we had a grand total of 5 or so people play since others didn't want to download the mods, and also TGC wouldn't give me access to the box running it and everyone had God mode.... It ran smooth and had positive feedback from the people who played it,I will talk with TGC on getting that server back up correctly, the mod pack is still in the GTA channel to download.

Thank you :D that would much appreciated.

Andrew's Mom is currently paying for a fiveM server me, Andrew and Filip play on we could extend on that, and all you need is FiveM and some trainers although we play on it from time to time.

I feel as having a GTA V server with fiveM would be great fun. However, to my knowledge there is no good way for people to have jobs and ways to make money like there is in GTA SA. Everyone would have to have a trainer (a admin like panel for the uneducated) which would be really hard to control. And as far as I know there is no good way to stop being from cheating with fiveM without whitelisting the server.

As for what Kyle said, I told him why he couldn't have access lol. Also he never told me what needed to be changed to allow PVP, so yeah #BlameKyle. Seems like a great new hashtag.  :P