Azi9

Suggestions for Streamlining new Menus

Suggestion:

A few short but sweet suggestions for streamlining purposes

- Removing unnecessary menu options (eg. Car dealerships with the option of 'purchased items' ect which is meant for things like equipment shops)

- Removing unecessary menus in general (eg. Anything with only one option.)

Example:

Before; 

E > Shop Items/Purchased Items (or w/e it is) > High End Sports Car Dealer > Vehicles > Actual purchasing menu.

After;

E > Actual Purchasing Menu.

- Allowing the Escape key to simply exit the menu no matter where exactly in the menu navigation you are. Allows for faster responses when under fire/threat ect, rather than having to spam the key through menus, and quite possible ending up actually opening your game menu. This could quite easily cause players to get killed and be infuriating.

Why:

Simple, it removes unecessary clutter and trims the fat, allowing for a more streamlined experience for players. I for one, welcome our new menu overlords.

Edited by Azi9

(My posts seem to just disappear when I post them this is weird, i cbf re-typing that whole thing I just typed, fix ur forums gawd.)

Edited by Azi9

I just want to say that like, I do really like the new system, once it's streamlined it's gonna be great, because the actual way it works is so much better. There's no lag on the scripts at all, even with like 60+ players on and shit... It's really really well put together, it's just the excess clicking that needs to go.

Edited by Azi9

Will be in soon. Either gonna make it that pressing Escape exits the whole shop system or clicking the button exits the whole shop system what way would you guys like it?

An exit button as cops would acidently press the panic

I personally have never fat finger'd my panic button, and it's a double press for a reason. I feel like the entire point of it will be being able to exit the menu as quickly as possible... Hitting a physical key will be much faster and easier than trying to click something on the UI. Having the button on the UI be for going back and forth between menus makes more sense as you'll already be clicking those buttons. Easier to keep everything /within/ the menus on the mouse, and the bail button be seperate on the keyboard. Otherwise I feel like people will be misclicking the exit button/back button when they want to click the back button/exit button, if you know what I mean.

Edited by Azi9