Zac_

Revival Chance

Suggestion: 

Have a chance of being successfully revived and brought back to life by Cicada Fire & Rescue. The faster you get revived, the higher chance of survival you have. If CFR takes a long time to get to you, you have a lower chance of survival.

Why:

There are multiple reasons. 

- It's more realistic than the current system.

- It would motivate PD to preserve life.

- It would motivate EMS to get to a call faster.

I'll explain my points in depth, don't read if you know what I mean.

More Realistic

The current system is basically where you have a 100% chance of survival if EMS is available to revive you. This is absurd, and not realistic at all. How can you get gunned down by 2 police officers with assault rifles, and have a 100% chance of survival?

Life Preservation 

Now this is just common sense, really. If the CPD gets into a pursuit, someone could get out with a gun pointed at the ground ready to drop it, and the CPD just opens fire knowing you'll be revived anyways. If this was implemented, the CPD will most likely second guess lethal force as there could be a chance this suspect just goes into a new life.

CFR Response Time

CFR will be motivated to get to a call faster. How will this motivate them? Well, they know it's their priority to get to calls faster. Believe it or not, I've seen CFR code 3 to a call, stop at a gas station, then continue to the call. They can get distracted by something along the way to the call, like they're at 80 hunger and need food, or someone calls for them on the side of the road. If CFR knew that they needed to get to a call fast in order for a subject to be revived.

I see one con to this, and that's the skin glitch interfering. With this new system that could be implemented, there would also need to be a new rule.

1.12 Skin Glitch

If you die from the commonly known "Skin Glitch", and EMS fails to revive you, the new life rule does not apply. If you died in PD custody due to the skin glitch, you are to bring yourself back to PD custody.

Media:

N/A

Download:

N/A

I see a HUGE con with this. What if a gang members shoots you more so ems isnt able to revive you?

I see a HUGE con with this. What if a gang members shoots you more so ems isnt able to revive you?

?

I don't think that you can "die" if you are shot while dead, but it may just be me.

Shoots you more? If you get double tapped just starts again so it wont affect that. It is also fail RP.

-1. It's a great idea, and would make it more realistic...BUT it's Arma. One of the biggest cons in my eyes is that lets say the chance of denial to a revive is 10% every 1 minute. ESU takes 4 minutes to get there, and takes 5 attempts to revive the Civ. Civ could have gang members, and seeing that it's now increasing the time that PD can't take the Civ to jail, his gang members are able to set-up and wipe PD because ESU flipped his ambulance. Another is that theres the chance that a Civ who just killed 5 cops gets gunned down, and PD finally gets him, but because he was shot by PD with their Assault Rifles, he's unable to be revived, so he gets off his 60 minute sentence.

If we really wanted to make it "realistic" might as-well have one life. Lets say you're driving one day and you accidentally hit a tree, your cars on fire all because of someone ramming you off the road.  When you get revived, ESU should take you to the hospital, and then you're unable to play on the server because you have 3rd degree burns on your legs, and you have to get it treated. 

In theory sounds awesome, but I doubt it can be executed properly. 

Shoots you more? If you get double tapped just starts again so it wont affect that. It is also fail RP.

If it gets reset tou would be more inured... Also dosent stop civs from doing it.

?

I don't think that you can "die" if you are shot while dead, but it may just be me.

Currently on the server if you are shot again you “Die again†But it dosent count torwards your time im pretty sure

?

If it gets reset tou would be more inured... Also dosent stop civs from doing it.

Currently on the server if you are shot again you “Die again” But it dosent count torwards your time im pretty sure

He's talking about being double tapped to give the dead person more time and a better chance of being revived. However the way it's currently setup you can't double tap people any more, once they are dead you should be able to shoot them as many times as you want without killing them again (resetting the life timer).

-1. It's a great idea, and would make it more realistic...BUT it's Arma. One of the biggest cons in my eyes is that lets say the chance of denial to a revive is 10% every 1 minute. ESU takes 4 minutes to get there, and takes 5 attempts to revive the Civ. Civ could have gang members, and seeing that it's now increasing the time that PD can't take the Civ to jail, his gang members are able to set-up and wipe PD because ESU flipped his ambulance. Another is that theres the chance that a Civ who just killed 5 cops gets gunned down, and PD finally gets him, but because he was shot by PD with their Assault Rifles, he's unable to be revived, so he gets off his 60 minute sentence.

If we really wanted to make it "realistic" might as-well have one life. Lets say you're driving one day and you accidentally hit a tree, your cars on fire all because of someone ramming you off the road.  When you get revived, ESU should take you to the hospital, and then you're unable to play on the server because you have 3rd degree burns on your legs, and you have to get it treated. 

In theory sounds awesome, but I doubt it can be executed properly.

^ Would really make this even worse of a battlefield when everyone knows they have a chance of not going to jail

-1 Aright good idea thinking about it, but I don' think it would work in the long run. You see most of the time when people get out with guns after getting pitted, he is looking to kill cops. Now usually if he stays in the car for longer than 10 seconds I say "everyone get there tasers out" because we have a chance. Saying that cops will preserve life more with this system, I don't think it would happen. E.G: oh look there's a guy behind his car who killed 5 cops lemme just pull my taser real fast huhuh realisticaly cops in real life would not do that, cops in real life wouldn't even think about EMS getting the guy, they would just think about ending the situation what ever means necessary.